As soon as you succeed to replace communication with structured information flows, a large time saving potential is realized. Are your information flows more structured or spontaneous?
How big is your potential to replace communication with information?
- Repetitive Communication
- information-intensive business ?
- repetitive known workflows ?
- Information-intensive business cases
- plannable (installation work)
- spontaneous in nature (repair service)
- a day-to-day business
Type of communication channels
- Written communication tools
- Verbal communication channels
Characteristics of communication
- Structured communication
- is your communication structure hierarchically shaped ?
- plannable communication (meetings, personal reporting)
- didactically motivated communication
- Spontaneous communication
- phone consultation
- spontaneous audition
- authoritarian communication
- factual communication
The repeated spontaneous interruption of work processes often severely disrupts work performance and quality. In such conversations, information is usually obtained that could be avoided thanks to normalized information structures.